WORKING AT VIVIEN CHAN & CO.
Over three decades of experiences, we pride ourselves on achieving successful results by providing solution-oriented advice.
We view our dedicated team of professionals and their expertise as our most valuable assets. And so, we seek to recruit and train the most talented individuals together to build the team of the best.
- Through our Trainee Programme, Trainee Solicitors will be given the opportunity to spend time in different practice areas and work closely with our Beijing office to obtain in-depth understanding in laws and business operation of different sectors. By enabling our Trainee Solicitors to take responsibilities in handling cases of our valuable clients, including many MNCs, at the early development stage of their career under the mentorship of our team of experienced lawyers, our Trainee Programme broadens the Trainee Solicitors’ perspectives, and equips them with all the required skills to become successful lawyers in the ever-changing legal world.
- What We Offer?
- Rotation through various practice areas including Commercial, Litigation, Conveyancing, Employment and Intellectual Property
- Hands on experience in handling real cases beyond merely research duties, with international outreach and clientele based in Hong Kong, US, UK, Europe and all over the world
- Opportunity to liaise directly with clients and sit in client meetings to develop professional relationship and client management skills
- Opportunity to work together with experienced Chinese lawyers in our Beijing office
- All-round training on practical skills and commercial perspective to build a successful legal career
- Regular in-house Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses and seminars on major legal updates
- Mentorship programme and open-door policy with all staff, to always provide trainees with proper assistance and guidance
- What We Look for?
- Strong academic background and good research skills
- Professionalism and self-discipline
- Commercial awareness and intellectual curiosity
- Fluent in English and Chinese language skills (written and spoken)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- An offer to a successful candidate would be conditional upon him/her passing the PCLL examination on first attempt.
- Recruitment Process/ Trainee Open Day
- Our trainee solicitor recruitment process is ongoing, and we run several open days throughout the year for potential trainee solicitor candidates to attend an assessment for suitability for a training contract.
- The assessment will take place during the open day, where candidates will be asked to complete a written legal analysis and be tested on their English and Mandarin abilities. Selected candidates will be interviewed by a panel of our partners.
- At the completion of the open day, candidates will be invited to a cocktail reception to meet and chat with our partners and associates in an informal setting.
With experience in patent prosecution, re-examination, invalidation and litigation proceedings. Capability in counseling on validity, patentability and infringement analysis. Technical background may either be chemical/biotech/mechanical/electric fields. Experience in software and video games an advantage.
With experience in patent prosecution and enforcement issues. We provide training and opportunity to participate in international conference on patent issues. Candidates should have a technical/science degree, preferably experience as a paralegal.
PRC Trademark Attorney
With experience in trademark prosecution, review, opposition, invalidation, litigation and licensing.